Friday, February 3, 2012

PUBLIC TRANSPORT


I just love taking public transport. You get to encounter people from all walks of life. And although you don’t get to chat with them (starting a conversation out of the blue will give them the impression that either you’re losing a few bolts, or that you were was born with mutated congeniality genes), you can actually come up with all sorts of stories just by looking at them. A fun way to while away the time when stuck in traffic.

Travelling via public transport also gives me the time to think and reflect. One might say that I could always do it at home. But for some odd reason, I find that I am able to think more when I’m travelling. Probably because I do not have the TV or the bed or the home theater system or the PSP when I’m travelling, temptation that you’d normally find at home.

Taking the public transport also teaches me to be thankful – thankful for all the blessings and even the things that may be perceived as misfortunes. There were so many times when public transport made me realize how fortunate I was – from missing a freak accident because I got stuck in traffic, to serendipitously meeting with a friend who turned out that she badly needed help, to gaining new lessons in life by talking to the taxi driver.

Taking the public transport also allows me to enjoy and appreciate nature. Unfortunately, there is not really much left to enjoy and appreciate. So..

Tara! Sakay na!  J

No comments:

Post a Comment